Watts Mortgage & Wealth Management Ltd Privacy Notice
Here at Watts Mortgage & Wealth Management Ltd, we take your privacy seriously; please take the time to read and understand our Privacy Notice.
Who we are
We act as a Broker for our customers. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Information we will collect about you
We may collect the following personal data about you (along with other non-personal data):
1. Verification Details e.g. Name, Date of Birth, National Insurance Number, Driver’s Licence Number;
2. Contact Details e.g. address, telephone number, email address;
3. Service Details e.g. what services you require from us
4. Location Details.
The information collected about you may come from you or from external sources such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
How we will use the Information about you and our lawful basis for doing so
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. To respond to your service enquiry;
2. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
3. To notify you about any changes to our service;
4. To provide you with information about other products or services we offer that may be of interest to you;
5. To provide you with information, products and services you request from us ;
6. To approach lenders on your behalf to arrange the funding you require;
7. To approach insurers on your behalf;
8. To make lender decisions;
9. For fraud prevention;
10. For audit purposes;
11. For statistical analysis;
12. For credit reference checks;
13. For Electronic Identity Verification;
Our lawful bases for handling your personal data in the above ways are: (1) because it is necessary for performance of a contract with you; (2) because it is a legal obligation upon us; or (3) because we have obtained your consent. Where we are relying upon your consent, you have right to withdraw such consent at any time by emailing our data protection representative.
We need your basic personal data in order to provide you with an accurate recommendation for your personal circumstances. The processing of your personal data may be necessary because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract. You do not have to provide us with personal data we request but if you do not provide us with the required personal data we may not be able to provide the required services to you.
How we share your information
We may share your personal information with the following:
1. Our employees and officers
2. Mortgage lenders
3. Insurance Companies
4. Specialist funders
7. Credit reference agencies
8. Fraud prevention agencies
9. Credit enforcement agencies
10. Data destruction agencies
11. Third party companies and organisations if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation
12. Third party companies and organisations who offer services that may be of assistance to you where we cannot provide the service you require (in this instance, we would only ever share your personal data with your prior permission).
From time to time, we would like to contact you by post, email, telephone and text with details of Products, Information, News and Competitions. We will only contact you in this way and for these purposes if you have given your consent.
Where we store your personal data
We have a data protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
Your data is stored electronically on our cloud encrypted server; our server is based in the UK. For the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance, your personal data may be transferred to servers within the European Union.
Paper-based records are kept in locked cabinets in secure office premises. All client files/data are backed up to ensure maximum security of confidential information is maintained.
How long we keep your personal data
We are required to keep your basic personal data, such as name, address, and contact details. This will be kept indefinitely by us within the European Union so that we can comply with the rules and guidance dictated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Professional Indemnity Terms and Conditions as set by our insurer.
Other personal data will be retained for no longer than necessary to protect our commercial and operational interests, which include fraud prevention, use in legal proceedings and for taxation purposes.
The information used for marketing will be kept by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to appear on our marketing database.
What are your rights?
As a Data Subject, you have the following rights:
1. The right to request a copy of all personal data we hold about you (a fee will be payable for excessive requests);
2. The right to request correction of personal data we hold about you if it incorrect or incomplete;
3. The right to deletion of personal data we hold about you where there is no compelling reason for us to continue to hold it;
4. The right to restrict our data processing activities;
5. The right to request transfer of your personal data to a third party;
6. The right to object to processing if the lawful basis is legitimate interest or performance of a task in the public interest or if the processing is direct marketing;
7. The right to file a complaint with the ICO https://ico.org.uk/.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Manager (Phil Gray) who will investigate the matter
Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Required fields *
Mr & Mrs C
I just wanted to say a big thank you, for all Emma Lowe and Sian Brown's help with getting our mortgage through to completion.
Buying a house is one of the most important and probably the largest investment you may make.
Watts have a comprehensive range of mortgages from across the market and look to get you a great deal when you are looking to move home.
We can search the WHOLE UK MARKET to get quotes from High Street lenders such as Santander, The Woolwich, Nationwide, NatWest and more.
Secured loans or second mortgages can be an alternative to re-mortgaging.
For most people getting their finances in order is an important starting point for their self build project.
Where appropriate we can refer you to our sister company, Watts Commercial Finance Ltd. which provides advice on Commercial lending.
For some people, one of the most profitable long-term investments might be purchasing property.
Whether that is some general modernisation or some essential repairs that you need to get done, we have a solution for you.
A regulated bridging loan is a form of short term funding secured by a charge on a borrower’s residential property until next stage financing is secured.
With advances in medical care more and more people are now surviving illnesses once thought to be fatal.
Protection insurance is designed to help when the things we hope will never happen to us, do!
Protecting your future is important and Income Protection can protect your income and make sure that money is there when you need it most.
This cover can give you the peace of mind of knowing that in the event of redundancy or illness your mortgage payments will be made.
Your home is probably the largest single financial commitment you will make in your lifetime, so protecting it is so important.
You insure your car, your home, and your valuables - isn’t your health the most important asset of your life?
Relevant life insurance is a tax efficient way of a company providing life insurance for its employees, including directors of limited companies.
Directors’ shareholder protection is insurance that is specifically designed to ensure that should one the shareholding directors die or be diagnosed with a terminal illness the remaining shareholders will have access to sufficient capital to buy the deceased’s shares from his/her estate.
Key person insurance helps safeguard a business against the financial effects of the death or critical illness of a key member of staff
Watts Mortgage & Wealth Management Ltd is directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
We are entered on the Financial Services Register No 624815 at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do
More information is available on mortgages from the Money Advice Service. www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
Where you have a complaint or dispute with us and we are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction then we are obliged to offer you access to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Please see the following link for further details www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other debt secured on it.
The FCA does not regulate some forms of mortgages. The FCA does not regulate taxation advice, trust advice and some forms of buy to let mortgages.